The 2022 Medical Design Excellence Awards competition is open for applications
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial for StreetInsider Premium here.
- Enjoy $ 50 off admission to the medical industry’s premier rewards program through December 8; the deadline for all registrations is January 12, 2022.
ANAHEIM, Calif .– (BUSINESS WIRE) – The Award of Excellence in Medical Design (MDEAs), the leading medical technology industry awards program hosted by Informa Markets – Engineering, publisher of Medical device and diagnostic industry (MARYLAND+DI), accepts registrations from November 5 to January 12 for the 2022 contest, with a pre-registration price of $ 149 available until December 8, 2021. Full price registrations are $ 199.
Since its inception in 1998, the MDEA program has recognized significant achievements in the design and engineering of medical products that improve the quality of health care delivery and accessibility. More than just a beauty pageant, the MDEAs bring together an independent panel of esteemed jurors – made up of clinicians, engineers and designers – to select up to six finalists, as well as bronze, silver and gold winners. gold in each of the 11 products. categories, as well as the overall Best-in-Show winner. Applications are scored based on five criteria:
Design and engineering innovations
Functional innovations (user-related)
Overall health benefits
Benefits for patients
Differentiation in the market
Entrants gain global recognition for their business and create buzz for their medtech product, and MDEA finalists and winners are granted exclusive use of the MDEA logo to promote their product and receive editorial coverage on MARYLAND+DI and in MDEA marketing. The awards ceremony takes place at MD&M West, April 12-14 at the Anaheim Convention Center; all 2022 MDEA attendees will receive a 20% discount on 2022 MD&M West conference registration. MDEA Bronze, Silver and Gold winners will receive a free two-day pass to the MD&M West conference.
Entries are accepted in 11 product categories:
- Cardiovascular equipment—devices and equipment used to diagnose or treat conditions of the heart and circulatory system
- Digital health products and mobile medical applications—devices or applications that use digital technologies to monitor patients, deliver healthcare, or personalize medicine
- Drug Delivery Products and Combination Products—devices such as pre-filled syringes, misting devices, dry powder inhalers, patches, sachets or implants combined with biological agents, etc.
- Emergency room and operating room tools, equipment and supplies—devices such as intensive care, general surgery, plastic surgery, and anesthesia products
- Gastrointestinal and genitourinary systems—products such as gastrological, urological, gynecological and obstetrical systems
- Implant and Tissue Replacement Products—devices such as cochlear, corneal, orthopedic, neurological and tissue implants and instruments
- Non-surgical hospital supplies and equipment—products such as general medical equipment and supplies used in hospitals and doctor’s offices, such as stethoscopes, blood lancets, medical carts, ventilators, hospital beds, blood pressure monitors, etc.
- Over-the-counter and self-care devices—devices that can be purchased without a prescription or that allow patients to monitor, treat, or help prevent a health problem without the help of a clinician or other healthcare professional
- Radiological, imaging and electromechanical devices—devices that use medical radiation, imaging, or an electromechanical system to diagnose or treat disease
- Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology Products—some products such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, hearing aids, prostheses, etc.
- Test and Diagnostic Products and Systems—products that fall under the FDA categories of chemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology, pathology and toxicology
The MDEA program accepts applications from around the world from companies and individuals involved in the design, engineering, manufacture or distribution of finished medical devices. The competition is open to finished medical devices, including instruments, machines, implants, in vitro reagents, mobile medical applications or other related products intended for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease. or other conditions in humans. or animals. Product components themselves are not eligible, except in the case of the Drug Delivery Products and Combination Products category, where finished stock drug delivery devices can be entered prior to receiving the product. regulatory authorization or approval.
Entries may be submitted by the official manufacturer of the product or by suppliers who provide materials, components or services with the written consent of the manufacturer. To be eligible for the MDEA 2022 competition, products must be commercially available (can be ordered or purchased in at least one country) before December 31, 2021.
To learn more about the MDEA program and participate today to take advantage of Early-Bird rates, visit www.mdeawards.com.
About Informa Markets – Engineering:
Informa ‘markets Engineering Portfolio is the leading producer, publisher and digital media company of B2B events for the global $ 3 trillion manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products provide trusted information to the engineering marketplace and leverage our proprietary database of 1.3 million names to connect suppliers with buyers and buying influencers. We produce over 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the world. The engineering portfolio is curated by Informa, the world’s leading exhibition organizer that brings a wide range of specialty markets to life, opening up opportunities and helping them thrive 365 days a year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
About Informa Markets
Informa Markets creates platforms that allow industries and specialized markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio includes over 550 international B2B events and brands in markets such as engineering, healthcare and pharmacy, infrastructure, construction and real estate, fashion and clothing, hospitality, food and beverages, and health and nutrition, among others. We provide opportunities for our clients and partners around the world to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialized digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibition organizer, we bring a wide range of specialty markets to life, opening up opportunities and helping them thrive 365 days a year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.
Director of Public Relations and Communications
Source: Informa Markets – Engineering