Recent Research Analyst Ratings Updates for Synchrony Financial (SYF)
Synchrony Financial (NYSE: SYF) recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 04/19/2022 – Synchrony Financial has had its price target raised by BMO Capital Markets analysts from $49.00 to $52.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the title.
- 04/19/2022 – Synchrony Financial has had its price target lowered by Stephens analysts from $54.00 to $47.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 04/19/2022 – Synchrony Financial has had its price target raised by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. from $40.00 to $45.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 04/06/2022 – Synchrony Financial has had its price target lowered by Wells Fargo & Company analysts from $52.00 to $45.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 06/04/2022 – Synchrony Financial has been upgraded by analysts at Piper Sandler from a ‘neutral’ rating to an ‘overweight’ rating. They now have a price target of $49.00 on the stock, down from $48.00 previously.
- 04/04/2022 – Synchrony Financial has had its price target lowered by analysts at The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. from $45.00 to $40.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 03/31/2022 – Synchrony Financial is now covered by StockNews.com analysts. They have placed a “holding” rating on the stock.
- 03/28/2022 – Synchrony Financial has been downgraded by Morgan Stanley analysts from an “overweight” rating to an “equally weighted” rating. They now have a price target of $40.00 on the stock, down from $56.00 previously.
- 03/17/2022 – Synchrony Financial has been downgraded by analysts at Wolfe Research from an “outperform” rating to a “market performance” rating.
- 03/17/2022 – Synchrony Financial has had its price target lowered by analysts at Bank of America Co. from $52.00 to $45.00.
NYSE: SYF traded up $0.31 at midday on Monday, hitting $38.29. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 5,566,904 shares, compared to its average trading volume of 6,976,136. Synchrony Financial has a 1-year low of $33.76 and a 1-year high of 52.49 $. The stock has a fifty-day moving average of $38.10 and a 200-day moving average of $43.96. The company has a market capitalization of $19.38 billion, a PE ratio of 5.20, a growth price-earnings ratio of 0.30 and a beta of 1.60. The company has a quick ratio of 1.19, a current ratio of 1.24 and a debt ratio of 1.05.
Synchrony Financial (NYSE:SYF – Get Rating) last released quarterly earnings data on Monday, April 18. The financial services provider reported earnings per share of $1.77 for the quarter, beating the Zacks consensus estimate of $1.54 by $0.23. Synchrony Financial had a net margin of 26.26% and a return on equity of 29.99%. During the same period last year, the company earned earnings per share of $1.73. On average, analysts expect Synchrony Financial to post earnings per share of 5.74 for the current year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, May 12. Investors of record on Monday, May 2 will receive a dividend of $0.22. The ex-dividend date is Friday, April 29. This represents an annualized dividend of $0.88 and a yield of 2.30%. Synchrony Financial’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 11.94%.
In other news, insider David P. Melito sold 9,351 shares of the company in a trade that took place on Thursday, January 27. The shares were sold at an average price of $46.05, for a total transaction of $430,613.55. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, accessible via this hyperlink. 0.45% of the shares are currently held by company insiders.
Several hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares of SYF. CVA Family Office LLC purchased a new stake in Synchrony Financial in Q4 worth approximately $30,000. Blue Bell Private Wealth Management LLC bought a new stake in Synchrony Financial in Q4, valued at around $30,000. Quent Capital LLC acquired a new position in Synchrony Financial in Q4 worth approximately $31,000. Spire Wealth Management increased its position in Synchrony Financial by 1,219.7% in the fourth quarter. Spire Wealth Management now owns 871 shares of the financial services provider valued at $40,000 after acquiring 805 additional shares last quarter. Finally, Evolution Wealth Advisors LLC increased its position in Synchrony Financial by 143.1% in the 3rd quarter. Evolution Wealth Advisors LLC now owns 919 shares of the financial services provider valued at $45,000 after acquiring an additional 541 shares in the last quarter. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 93.86% of the company’s shares.
Synchrony Financial, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a consumer financial services company in the United States. It provides credit products, such as credit cards, commercial credit products and consumer installment loans. The company also offers private label credit cards, dual cards, co-branded and general purpose credit cards, short and long term installment loans and consumer banking products; and deposit products, including certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts, money market accounts, and savings accounts for retail and commercial customers, as well as deposits through brokerage firms in third-party securities.
Get news and reviews for Synchrony Financial Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of breaking news and analyst ratings for Synchrony Financial and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s free daily email newsletter.