Governor’s EMS and Injury Advisory Committee (GETAC) meeting agenda
November 20, 2021 – 4:00 p.m.
Hilton Austin Hotel, Salon H
500 4th Street East
Austin, Emission 78701
Governor’s EMS and Injury Advisory Council (GETAC) –
Meeting of the Medical and Specialized Care Air Transport Committee
Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
20 November 2021
Hilton Austin Hotel, Salon H
500 4th Street East
Austin, Texas 78701
Lynn Lail, IA, LP, President
Shawn Salter, IA, Council Liaison
Jorie Klein, IA, Joseph Schmider, DSHS
Call to Order / Roll Call – Lynn Lail, IA, LP, Chair
Reading of GETAC’s Vision and Mission Statements – Lynn Lail, President
A unified, comprehensive and efficient emergency care system.
GETAC mission: Promote, develop and advance a responsible and patient-centered trauma and emergency care system.
Reading of the Air Medical and Specialty Care Transport Committee (AM & SCTC) Statement of Intent – Lynn Lail, Chair
Collaborate with individuals and organizations to promote and improve the overall safety, quality of service and standard of care for patients treated and transported by air medical and specialist care providers.
Review and Approval of September 2021 Meeting Minutes – Lynn Lail, Chair
EMS / Trauma Systems Update – Jorie Klein, MSN, MHA, BSN, RN, Director of EMS / Trauma Systems; Joseph Schmider, Director of State SMU
Discussion and possible action on the following points – Committee members
- Reports of the Air Medical Transport and Specialized Care Transport Committee members designated to attend other committee meetings – committee members
- Security Discussion and Review for a Moment – Committee Members
- Update from the Heart of Texas Regional Advisory Council (HOTRAC) on the Statewide Wristband Project – Francisco Villa, MPA, CCLS, Deputy Director, HOTRAC
- Discussion regarding the ongoing revision of the Texas Administrative Code, Title 25 Chapter 157 Rules affect the AM & SCTC Committee – Lynn Lail, Chair
- Critical Care Transport Capacity Matrix Update – Lynn Lail, President
- Update on Creating an Air Medical Incident Support Team (MIST) Group Concept – Jim Speier, NREMT-P
- Discussion, review and recommendations of initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders, caregivers and the public with a focus on safe operations and driving practices – Committee Members
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Health Care System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are needed – Committee Members
- Potential initiatives, programs and research that could improve the delivery of medical air transport and specialty care services in Texas – Lynn Lail, President
General public comment
(Commentary time may be limited at the discretion of the chair)
Summary of actions to be taken for the GETAC meeting report – Committee members
Announcements – Lynn Lail, President
Review and list agenda items for next meeting – Lynn Lail, Chair
Next Meeting Date – Lynn Lail, Chair
Adjournment – Lynn Lail, President
Public comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes comments from the public regarding topics related to emergency health care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comments to DSHS by emailing [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. November 17, 2021. Please include your name and that of the organization. you represent or speak as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Board. The application must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or speak of as a private citizen, and your direct telephone number.
Public comments are limited to three minutes. Speakers should indicate their name, affiliation and on whose behalf they are speaking. Members of the public using materials are requested to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format to be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, government staff and for public distribution. Documents are limited to two pages of documentation (paper size: 8.5 “by 11”, one side only). Documents should be emailed to DSHS no later than 5:00 p.m. November 17, 2021, and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of the DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jorie Klein, DSHS, 512-535-8538, or [email protected]
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and need any aids or ancillary services should contact Jorie Klein at 512-535-8538 or [email protected] at least 72 hours before the meeting so that arrangements can be made. appropriate measures can be taken.