Girl Needs Plastic Surgery To Treat Serious Burns As TikTok Trend Goes Terribly Wrong

A 10-year-old girl suffered severe burns after trending TikTok at a sleepover. The trend was to make hands or feet icy cold by spraying them with deodorant.

The fifth-year student sprayed the can just an inch from her skin for around 10 seconds, in an act her mother called “stupidity”. She said: “10 seconds of stupidity left her with two years of pain.”

The family tried to treat the resulting burns at home, but after 24 hours decided to take the girl to hospital. They were referred to the plastics team, who told the family the injuries would likely take 18 months to two years to resolve, the Mirror reports .

READ MORE: The tiny Cheshire village without shops that hasn’t grown in centuries

They added that the girl might need plastic surgery. The mum-of-three said: “They were just playing with the deodorant box.

“I couldn’t believe it when I saw her hands, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. She basically gave herself chilblains.

Girl’s hands the day she used the deodorant clan

“Her friend did it first, but not for that long, and then she tried… It was such a shock, because she’s such a sensible little girl normally, she never gets in trouble, it doesn’t matter.” is not the one you need tells all the time.

She added: “She just had a lack of common sense.”

The 39-year-old mother from Hertfordshire added that her daughter’s summer is being ruined as she cannot go out in the sun with her hands burnt or jump into a swimming pool.

“She’s been very quiet since then, she’s been in a lot of pain, but she’s gone straight back to school,” she added.

In a warning to other parents, she added: “Keep reminding them not to participate in silly trends like this, those 10 seconds have ruined her for the next few years.”

The resulting wound on the girl’s hand

A TikTok spokeswoman said: “We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our community.

“We actively remove content that depicts dangerous challenges and encourage people looking for it to visit our Safety Center, where they can find an in-app guide to engaging in an online challenge, developed with leading youth safety experts.”

Get more of Cheshire’s best stories here


NEWSLETTER: Sign up for CheshireLive via email straight to your inbox here

Comments are closed.