Blood drive on November 24 will boost critically low blood supply
By Holly Ragan, MS, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulfur Springs, [email protected]
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulfur Springs received an “A” in the fall of 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Class, a national honor recognizing the achievements of CHRISTUS Mother Frances – Sulfur Springs Hospital in protecting patients from harm and providing safer health care. This is the hospital’s fifth consecutive “A” safety rating.
Carter BloodCare Blood Drive: The current blood shortage is very low
Carter BloodCare is hosting a blood drive on the CBC bus at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulfur Springs in the parking lot before Wednesday, November 24, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Call or text (800) 366-2834 or visit their website at www.carterbloodcare.org. As a thank you, donors will receive a long-sleeved shirt.
Flu shots: don’t delay, get yours today
Flu shots are available at the CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic, 105 Medical Plaza. We welcome without appointment or by appointment; to program, call 903.885.3181.
thank you for your patience
With COVID-19 cases peaking in Hopkins County, expect “longer than usual” wait times in the emergency department. Rest assured that we are doing everything we can to provide high quality care in a timely manner. Thank you in advance for allowing us to meet your healthcare needs, while doing so through our staff.
COVID vaccination clinics
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulfur Springs offers a COVID vaccination clinic every Friday morning from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the main hospital lobby until further notice. Available vaccines include Moderna (2 doses, 18+ years) and Pfizer (2 doses, 12+ years) and Johnson & Johnson (1 dose, 18+ years). *** This includes all three reminder brands for fully immunized people. Appointments are not required, but the parent / guardian must accompany anyone 17 years of age and under.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves before entering our establishment; cloth masks are acceptable. Masks should cover both the nose and the mouth. Visitors must remain masked during their stay in hospital.
- Underage visitors must be accompanied by an adult, be free of symptoms and able to meet mask and hygiene expectations throughout the tour.
- Entrance to the emergency department open 24/7
- Main entrance open from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Types of visitors:
- COVID receiving aerosol treatments: by televisit only;
- COVID not receiving aerosol treatments: 1 essential support person for the duration of the hospital stay – The essential support person will be given a visible bracelet for identification purposes;
- ICU / ER: 1 essential support person only;
- All other patients can have 1 essential support person and 1 visitor (up to 2 people in the room at a time)
- Types of visitors:
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Emergency Care – Sulfur Springs
** PLEASE NOTE – due to limited staff, Emergency Care may be forced to change hours without notice … We recommend that you call prior to arrival to check availability status. We apologize for the inconvenience. **
The opening hours for CHRISTUS emergency care are as follows:
- Hours of in-person care: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, closed
- Virtual tour hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- To schedule a virtual tour, please visit urgentcare.christushealth.org, then select your location and click “Virtual Tour”.
Emergency Care is located at 1339 South Broadway St. and the telephone number to call is 903.951.1001.
Did you know that we can meet almost all of your specialty medical needs right here in Sulfur Springs? Our urologist, Dr. Loren Ost, and his nurse practitioner Leah Irving are just one example. Dr Ost and Leah see patients who have problems with the urinary system in men and women, as well as the reproductive organs of men. They are located at 113 Airport Road, Suite 300, and can be reached by calling 903.885.1770.
The Skin Cancer Dermatology and Surgery Center now practices in Sulfur Springs and accepts patients under the care of Roxanne Swafford, FNP. She sees patients at 1228 Church Street, Suite D. To make an appointment, call 903.689.7272. You can also plan online at www.mdbarrows.com.
# # #
The CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulfur Springs, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – TyIuh, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital, partner of Encompass Health, Tyler Continue CARE Hospital of CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, an acute long-term care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the region’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with over 400 physicians and advanced practice providers representing 36 specialties in 34 sites serving Northeast Texas in 41 counties. For more information on the services available through the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Number of beds – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Number of beds – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Number of beds – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Number of beds – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulfur Springs
- Number of beds – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Number of beds – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Number of beds – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Number of beds – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital