Adhesion Barriers Market Size is Expected to Grow USD 1686 Million by 2026
According to our research report, the global Adhesion Barriers market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.48% from 2021 to 2026 and to reach USD 1686.54 Million by 2026 and was valued at USD 1122.66 Million in 2021.
COVID-19 is a disease that is spreading all over the world. COV-2, which appeared due to SARS, affected several companies. The disease, which is spreading around the world, has claimed the lives of many people. The manufacturing and life sciences markets were particularly hard hit. The anti-adhesion barriers market has suffered from COVID-19. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the sales of Adhesion Barriers, which are part of the Biosurgery industry, are expected to decline slightly in 2020 and 2021. Since the past pandemic and the current pandemic, surgical operations have become less common. They are only expected to increase in the fourth quarter of 2020, affecting the expansion of the market.
One of the major factors driving the global adhesion barrier market is the year-over-year growth in the elderly population undergoing surgeries.
The increasing incidence of postoperative complications related to invasive surgery is also driving the expansion of the market. The growth rate of the market is further expected to be accelerated by the increased focus by major market players on R&D to develop and introduce innovative adhesion barrier products. Additionally, the global anti-adhesion barrier market is on the rise owing to favorable reimbursement policies and rising awareness about the benefits of anti-adhesion barriers.
The adhesion barrier market is expected to benefit from a year-over-year increase in the incidence of various malignancies. According to the WHO, cancer kills approximately 8.2 million people each year. According to a survey by the European Society for Gynecological Endoscopy in the UK, approximately 85% of respondents agreed that adhesions form after gynecological surgery. Additionally, more than half of respondents believe that adhesions are the most common complication of abdominal surgeries.
During the forecast period, the global adhesion barrier market is expected to be hampered by high costs associated with surgical therapy.
Despite being aware of these dangers, surgeons are hesitant to use adhesion barriers because there is a lack or limited strong clinical evidence supporting the safety and effectiveness of marketed adhesion barrier solutions. Additionally, companies are struggling to obtain marketing approvals for their wares due to concerns about the safety and effectiveness of anti-adhesion barriers. Additionally, due to unsatisfactory clinical results, several approved adhesion barrier treatments have been phased out of the market in recent years.
Market growth is further expected to be constrained by stringent laws and regulations relating to articles and devices and medical approvals. In addition, the global adhesion barriers market is also expected to be hampered by the postoperative adverse effects, negative government policies, limited uses of a few types of products, and refusal of surgeons to use adhesion barriers.
New adhesion barriers require significant expense and new products typically take longer than 7-8 years to obtain marketing approval. The cost and time it takes for a product to go through clinical trials and then pass those studies is relatively high, with only a small chance that the product will receive approval. Moreover, with the exception of a few, the chances of obtaining clinically meaningful evidence demonstrating the efficacy and safety of most adhesion barriers are slim. As a result, despite massive investments in R&D, anti-stick barriers present a significant risk of failure. This is a major obstacle to the commercialization of new anti-adhesion barriers.
Have a Sample Market Brochure of the Report to Evaluate the Usefulness of the Report, Get a Copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/adhesion-barrier-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET OVERVIEW:
- Based on product, the synthetic adhesive barriers category led the adhesive barriers market in 2020. The rise is fueled by bioabsorbable solids and biocompatibility characteristics. Adhesive artificial barriers are also profitable, resulting in the development of marginal segments. The segment’s superiority is aided by the wide availability of industrial synthetic adhesion barriers. Regenerated glycol, polyethylene and hyaluronic acid cellulose, for example, are further separated. Hyaluronic acid dominates due to its ability to collect and retain a significant amount of moisture.
- In terms of product form, the film adhesion barrier segment dominated the global adhesion barrier market in 2020, and it is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. The segment’s growth is fueled by the low cost of adhesion in film form and its increasing use in various processes. Additionally, a growing body of clinical evidence supports the efficacy and safety of these adhesions, resulting in increased customer demand.
- The cardiovascular surgeries segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate throughout the projection period based on the application. The segment’s strong growth can be attributed to the increased use of adhesive barriers in cardiovascular procedures and the increase in cardiac disorders. According to the American Heart Association, heart disease is responsible for approximately one in four deaths in the United States each year.
- On the other hand, gynecological surgeries accounted for the largest percentage in 2020 and are expected to continue expanding during the projection period. The market is mainly driven by the growing number of gynecological laparoscopic procedures. Additionally, the increasing use of gel and film in many gynecological operations is stabilizing the segment’s growth.
- With market leaders and well-developed healthcare infrastructure, North America dominates the global anti-adhesion barrier market. Market-leading companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Anika Therapeutics, Integra Life Sciences and Barter International are expanding their geographic footprint. The United States held the largest market share of adhesion barriers in the North American regional market in the previous year. Moreover, the growth of the market in the United States is expected to be fueled by new treatment technologies and the expansion of orthopedic diseases. The Canadian market contributes little to the growth of the North American market.
- During the forecast period, Europe is expected to witness significant market growth in the adhesion barriers market. Growing elderly population in the region and number of sports-related surgeries and injuries are driving the growth of the grip barriers market in the European region. UK is expected to hold the largest market share in the adhesion barrier market over the projection period. Availability of improved healthcare infrastructure in the country and rising prevalence of invasive surgeries are driving the expansion of the market.
- However, due to increasing levels of disposable income, increased awareness of barriers to adherence, and developing healthcare infrastructure, Asia-Pacific is expected to experience the fastest growth. In this region, the disease is spreading at an alarming rate. With a vast and expanding population in India and China, the region is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years. In 2020, China dominated the adhesion barriers market, which is expected to contribute to the expansion of the regional market. Adhesion-related disorders are increasingly well known and the elderly population is growing rapidly. The growth of the Indian market will likely benefit the APAC region. The improvement of healthcare facilities, medical devices and technology is driven by the expansion of private sector hospitals in rural areas and the growing demand for surgical operations.
- Leading companies of the Global Adhesion Barriers Market profiled in this report are Sanofi SA, Becton Dickinson and Company, Baxter International, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Anika Therapeutics, Inc., FzioMed, Inc., Mast Biosurgery, Inc. , Innocoll Holdings PLC and Atrium Medical Corporation.
The report can be customized as required; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/adhesion-barrier-market/customization
SEGMENTS COVERED IN THIS REPORT:
- Synthetic adhesion barriers
- Regenerated Cellulose
- Hyaluronic acid
- Polyethylene glycol
- Natural adhesion barriers
- Collagen & Protein
By product form:
- Film Adhesion Barriers
- Gel Adhesion Barriers
- Liquid Adhesion Barriers
By surgical application:
- Gynecological surgeries
- Cardiovascular surgeries
- Neurological surgeries
- Orthopedic surgeries
- General/abdominal surgeries
- Urological surgeries
- Reconstructive surgeries
- Other surgeries
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Browse regional reports:
Market Data Forecast is a company working in market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have a wealth of research and consulting experience in various fields of activity to meet the needs of individuals and businesses.
Market data forecast
Email: [email protected]